Tuesday, November 14, 2017

From the poetry archives: 'You are a rose...'

You are a rose, a beautiful rose!
Gifted to me by someone loved.
I press you hard in the pages of this book.
A book that stands on a rickety bookshelf.
Among many others-
I read them all!

Inspiring Wisdom and Knowledge;
I lost you somewhere in the clutter,
But, you still smell the same -
Reflections of Truth and Courage,
Preaching happiness and success,
Guiding through wit and calculation.
Oh! The rankness of a scholar - 
Sought by one and all!

Until today, I discovered you yet again.
You were the rose, the same beautiful rose!
Gifted to me once, by someone loved.
Pressed hard in the pages of this book.
A book that stood on a rickety bookshelf.

For long, long enough to lose your color and shine.
Your redolence reminds me again,
Of my true identity and existence.
What wasted years,
Ah! the brevity of life.
I hold on to you tight this time,
Never ever to let you go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The small town girl with big dreams (IWH Feature)

Glad to be featured on IWH - Indian Women in Hospitality , a platform for the Indian Women working in the Hospitality industry across the ...