Monday, October 23, 2017

After the term-break...


I hated the endless knocks on my office door,
and yelled at you, till you could stay no more.

The playing cards, ludo and chess all gone,
for good, I know, this is the new dawn.

I feast on my time off that doll and picture book.
Yay! Your school term-break is off the hook.

Until my eyes fall on the table beside me,
that remind me of yesterday's milk and tea.

I look the other way, trying hard to forget,
stealing a glance at the clock of the handset.

Two more hours of freedom, I whisper,
before you enter home and bring a twister.

Focus on work, there's so much to do,
trying to make the most of the time without you.

But, do I wait for your return of some kind?
What's wrong with me? Have I lost my mind?

Come back, my baby, come to your Mamma,
to eat, wash, play and finish our daily drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The small town girl with big dreams (IWH Feature)

Glad to be featured on IWH - Indian Women in Hospitality , a platform for the Indian Women working in the Hospitality industry across the ...