Monday, October 23, 2017

Losing and finding myself...

NOVEMBER 2016

Today, I lost and found myself while exploring the streets of childhood!

It was a trance-like state, as I walked inside the house where I was born. The backyard. The old garage. The dried-up well. Those crumbling walls.

The present occupants were kind enough to allow an insane-looking stranger, without any business, to enter their premises.







A medley of sounds reverberated throughout- my late mother singing, friends laughing, the cooker whistling, birds chirping, buses plying and my pet dog barking. I climbed up the guava tree one more time. I opened and shut the main gate, over and over again, to hear the joyful clanging of my parents returning from work.

It was a pilgrimage. My salmon run.

Yes! I am back where I was born. For good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The small town girl with big dreams (IWH Feature)

Glad to be featured on IWH - Indian Women in Hospitality , a platform for the Indian Women working in the Hospitality industry across the ...